Height-Adjustable dual extruder for the Prusa i3 for using China J-Heads.
- 2 side fans (40mm) for cooling down the J-heads (prevents clogs)
- 2 front fans (40mm) for cooling down PLA prints
- J-head is hold in place by a tightening ring and screw; loosening this screw makes it possible to adjust the extruder height (and thus to match both extruders)
- Fits to the standard universal Prusa i3 x-carriage (.stl included), http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:135353
- Cables can be routed to the back below the two M8 smooth rods. Auto-bed-leveling X-carriage also still fits if cables are routed properly
- Only uses M3 screws and four nuts
Feel free to modify -- .scad files provided!
- Print the extruder body, the fan mount, and four j-head tighteners.
- Mount four fans to the front fan mount and the extruder sides using small M3 screws (around ~12mm? smaller and longer will also work)
- Insert four M3 nuts into the nut slots for the x-carriage and the extruders
- Put two j-head tighteners on each j-head (attach to the small ring on the top), and insert the j-heads from the bottom. Tighten in place using a M3 screw. Make sure both extruders have the same height.
- Attach the front fan mount using two small M3 screws and nuts.
Make sure all the parts are printed in ABS (since they're close to the hot ends, they might melt otherwise). Screw and nut tolerances are provided for a calibrated printer (i.e. only +- 0.1mm) -- you might need to adjust them further on your printer, or use a file to enlarge the holes.