Eddie is back and he's excited to show off his improvements.
This is EddiePlus and he has a much cleaner look, new accessories, and vastly improved performance.
All the great features of the original Eddie still exist:
- WiFi Enabled
- Remote Control
- FPV Capable
- Open Source
- 1 hour drive time with USB camera active
New features with EddiePlus:
- Wheel/Motor encoders
- Faster Motors -- More speed!
- Bigger Wheels
- Dual PID control on each wheel
- Dynamic balance
- No exposed screws
- Interchangeable head designs
- Backpack to keep electronics safe
- Build Guide to assist in assembly
- iOS application Special thanks to David Glinski for this contribution.
- Python control Special thanks to William Radigan for this contribution.
- Windows application Special thanks to Eric Jastram for this contribution.
Eddie's source code is available on github:
That is about all I have at the moment for Eddie. I'll be posting new videos, photos, and 3D models as they come and Eddie can be followed on twitter @EddieBalance. I'm hoping others will build to expand and improve upon my design. This was started as a fun project because I wanted to make a self balancing robot and I think he came out so great that I wanted to share him with everyone.
If you need help building your Eddie please send me a message here or @EddieBalance
Thanks for looking!