This is a customizable adapter between the wooden train track (BRIO) and DUPLO constructions. It is customizable, you can tweak it at the below link to match your requirements and download a printable STL.
many new parameters introduced. The adapter can now serve as a ramp, bending flat wooden train into an upward sloping or downward sloping. For long slopes, there's also a tilted middlepiece.
the sloped pieces work fine, see pic. From initial playing, it's probably best to choose a slope around 30%. The piece that converts the flat into raising slope could be chosen slightly longer than the default, to avoid trains touching the floor.
These parameters can be used to configure your own duplo brio adapter on its [link] (http://beta.gigmade.com/2015/03/duplo-brio-adapter/):
- brio track length: the length of the wooden train track piece
- brio slope (%): percent train slope (the wooden traintrack standard seems to be 40%)
--> make that positive or negative! (Slope 0 for a simple straight.)
- slope ends?: whether the slope transitions into horizontal, or just keeps going.
- reverse pins?: exchange male and female train pins
- duplo length in units/width in units/height in units: duplo size. e.g. 4, 2, 1 for a duplo with 4x2 pins and standard height
- transfer to duplo: add a middlepiece between duplo and track piece for printability
- with duplo: whether to attach a duplo on the bottom or not. (A slope start piece will not need the attach duplo)
Using the default parameters, change
- keep all defaults, for an end ramp that transitions to flat (see endramp.stl)
- slope ends? = no, for a bridge that keeps raising (midramp.stl)
- "brio slope = 40, reverse pins = yes, transfer to duplo = no, with duplo* = no, for the matching piece that starts the raise (startramp.stl)