I was having some issues with PLA curling if the overhang was pointing to the left side of the build plate. There are a few different versions of fan ducts for the previous versions of the TAZ hotends but not for the new hexagon hotend. This fan duct takes a standard 24v 40mm fan and tries to match the look and feel of the factory duct on the other side.
I pointed the nose of this duct a little more downward as I was noticing a lot of hotend cooling when I kicked the fan on high. With this angle there is a lot less air touching the hotend tip.
It is thin enough that it does not hit or interfere with anything on the left side of travel or the glass bed corner hold down. No loss of travel.
It is designed to attach using the existing left side hotend attachment bolt.
1) Print in ABS, no support needed.
2) Raise Z to at least 60mm
2) Remove left side hotend mounting bolt
3) Place bolt in duct
4) Using lulzbot provided allen wrench, following the angle of the duct, tighten screw to proper torque.
5) Create a Y connection with existing cooling fan cables.
6) Enjoy extra cooling for your PLA prints.