This Locking Extruder Handle is a Refined version of my first Printrbot Simple Metal Locking Extruder Handle http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:651391 which locks in both the open position (to feed in new filament) and the closed position (locked down and ready to print).
ALL THE PARTS OF THE NEW VERSION ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE ORIGINAL VERSION! SO YOU CAN PRINT AND MIX AND MATCH AS YOU PLEASE!
- Lock and Unlock symbols on top
- Fancy "printrbot" label on the front
- Extended back (so its sits up against the Extruder Stepper Motor)
- Grill vents on the front to allow ventilation for the aluminum holding the hot end (looks cool if nothing else)
- Redesigned lever. Made to be stronger than the original one but take up less space.
- A little aesthetic cleanup
*NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PRINT THE ASSEMBLY .stl FILE
Print the Extruder Handle Base with the "printrbot" face down.
Print the Lever for your handle. Print with support under the over hang. Do not rotate and try to print any other direction. It is aligned to give you the most strength.
Print the little Connector.
Assemble the Handle with three M3 20mm screws, (same ones used on the simple metal, I got mine from my kits leftovers).
Print a Dust Filter for your handle. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:492067 I highly suggest printing one for each spool you have so that you do not have to monkey with getting filament through the filter each time. And, they don't take long to print anyway! :)
Slide on to your Simple Metal. You will have to lift up the upper part of the base to get it to line up with the angle of the aluminum extruder arm. May take a little wiggling. Wiggling is good though! It means it fits snug!
- Post a Picture! :)