A filament spool holder for the MakerBot Replicator 3D printers. It is designed to fit most spools and be 3D printed without support material.
It is made of two symmetrical halves which are held together with filament pins and two small cable ties. One can alternatively also use small 3 mm screws and nuts. (no glue required!)
The original CAD and netfabb files are supplied for easy design changes.
A longer version of this file is alos supplied so that extra wide spools can be loaded. Download the file "Split_filament_spool_holder_for_Replicator_3D_printer_v02 (135 mm spool width).stl"
Please also see our Universal Cantilevered Spool Holder for 3D printers
By Creative Tools
Home - Things - GooglePlus - Twitter - Facebook - Youtube - Instructables - Instagram - Flickr - Vimeo - LinkedIn
- Download the STL file (it contains both halves)
- 3D print it it with MakerWare in standard medium quality
- Remove the print from the build plate (a strait palette knife does the trick)
- Cut two short 20 mm pieces of standard 1,75 filament. Place them in the two small holes
- Press and hold the two halves together
- Use two small cable ties and place them in the two holes which hold the halves together
- Put the assembled holder in your Replicator 3D printer and keep the spool turning! :)