Naked VR Headset
I have a Google Cardboard which I was using for VR. It is brilliant for its simplicity, but I found it got manky very quickly and started to fall apart.
So I decided to create a simple modular Virtual Reality headset that can be easily customised, extended and adjusted to a variety of phone sizes by simply moving the pins. Because of its simplicity it can also be printed very quickly.
What to print:
- 1 x Peak_A_Boo_VR_Back.stl
- 1 x Peak_A_Boo_VR_Front_25mm_Lens.stl (25mm or 27mm depending on your size)
- 4 x Peak_A_Boo_VR_Spacer.stl
- 4 x Peak_A_Boo_VR_Device_Pin.stl
Other things you will need:
- 1 x normal Hair band (available at most supermarkets)
- 4 x 50mm M4 Screw and Nut (can get from your local hardware store)
- 2 x lenses from a Google Cardboard (Diameter 25mm or 27mm, Focal Length 45mm)
- Peak_A_Boo_VR_GoPro_Mount.stl – Add-on for a Gopro head mount.
- Peak_A_Boo_VR_Magnet_Trigger.stl – Add-on to be used with Google cardboard Magnet.
Give me some feedback and I will look at including it for future updates