Unleash your creativity on your iPhone by putting your own 3D design on the back your case! This case allows you to do that without the need for supports.
Check out my Han Solo iPhone 6 Case to see how this would look.
Update: I added a .3 mm tolerance as well.
- Find out what tolerance you need for your inside piece (this might take some trial and error, but the .5mm tolerance should work well for the first test).
- Download the inner piece and upload it into your preferred 3D modeling software. Also, insert the 3D object that you want on the back of your case.
- Use a boolean to make the bottom of your 3D object flat and then stick it on to the top of the inner piece. Make sure that the object is not hanging over the side of the inner piece (changing the orientation and resizing can help fix this).
- Export the file as an stl.
- Print your customized inside piece.
- Print your preferred outside piece style.
- Put the two pieces together with the 3D object going through the back of the outside piece.
- Put your phone in and swag on in peace!