Update: due to popular request I've rotated the hexagons so that when the sheets are fitted in a hive the bottom of the cell will be a flat instead of a "V"
This of course is the roller with "90deg" at the end of the name.
My brother and his friend get spare wax from their beehives but have to pay for the wax foundation with the hexagon pattern. This is an experimental roller set. The commercial ones use a much wider diameter drum pair. My first print of a roller took 24 hours! I have a Rostock delta that can go to around 300mm high so this was one long vertical print. We found that wax was too sticky on the PLA I used. I'd recommend using nylon for the print but then you have to work with nylon's high shrinkage. Ideally a laser powder printer would do a better job for this print. If anyone has success with this, please let me know and I'll amend the instructions. There was also some minor flex that affected the drawing accuracy of the top end cog, a thick brim could have improved that.
Do a couple of short partial prints first to check your material's ability to release from wax. There are on line tutorials for making flat wax sheet. PLA didn't work for me.
Use M16 hardened steel threaded rod for the shafts. Leave enough on an end for a handle and fitting of needle bearings because the designed in bearings are too high a friction.