Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Nanode Version 5 (London Hackspace Version)
by Monsonite, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Nanode - A Network Application Node.
Nanode is like an Arduino but with ethernet/web connectivity.
It also supports easy to use wireless and wired networks.
It has been developed as a low cost tool to allow simple sensor networks to be developed.
It's the perfect platform for smart sensors, home automation, monitoring and control.
It's through hole construction and the use of socketed DIP ICs makes it easy to build for the home constructor.
It's been competetively priced so that it costs about the same as an Arduino (roughly $30 US, or Â£18).
Without the ethernet parts it's sub $20 and can be used as a low cost Arduino "work-alike". It's compatible with most Arduino shields.
It has some key advantages over the basic Arduino:
- Built in ethernet controller
- Unique MAC address ID
- Supports external EEPROM/FRAM/SRAM/Flash device for increased data storage
- Supports a simple wireless transceiver shield from Jee Labs.
- Supports a local multi-drop serial bus for wired networks of Master/Slaves
- Breadboard friendly I/O connectors bring all I/O out on a 0.1" pitch
This is the productionised version of the Nanode for the London Hackspace.
It's very much updated and includes a whole lot of new features.
SPI serial memory either SRAM, FRAM or EE for storing data and web pages,
Microchip MAC chip so that it has a unique MAC address.
- Wireless Connectivity - plug a Jee Labs RFM12B module straight in to give a bi-directional wireless link.
4.Moves the reset switch to where you can get at it - side actuated
- Moves the LED to where you can see it.
6.Improved connector for local power/comms bus with 4 pin screw terminal block. Makes for simple interconnection with 4 way telephone cable.
Adds the London Hackspace Logo, Pachube Logo and Arbour Wood Ltd details.
Adds Auto-reset (from FTDI cable).
- Adds Virtual USB Vusb (Like Metaboard) for programming http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/index.html
EagleCAD schematic and board files included enable this board to be made by pcb fab-house.
Zipped Gerbers also included
See the Project Wiki Page on the London Hackspace site for more information about this version.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Nanode Version 5 (London Hackspace Version) by Monsonite is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Monsonite a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Monsonite would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).