Based on the work from charlie68 I did some remixing to adapt his Y carriage to My Prusa i3 by Folgertech.
- Precise mounting for four linear bearings, keeping them parallel.
- Integrated belt lands / clamps in the right place for Folgertech's Y ends .
- Integrated cable management for the heated bed cables.
- Various edges are chamfered to avoid any sharp edges / abrasion.
- About 40% weight saving compared to acrylic and twice the stiffness thanks to the 4 bearing design.
- Belt clamps modified to use GT2 belt.
- Only 2mm higher profile than the stock acrylic carriage
- 4pcs M3x15 bolt
- 4pcs M3x18 bolt
- 8pcs M3 nuts
- 4pcs LM8UU
14/4/2015 v2.0 had some clearance problems please download the latest version before printing
I suggest to print it at
- 0.3mm layer height
- 0.45 to 0.5mm extrusion width
- 4 perimeters 4 top and 4 botton layers