Puppy cart prototype 1
by caser, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is my first draft at a printable frame for a wheeled cart for a disabled puppy.
Problems I'm running into:
- I printed the draft in low quality, so I don't know how much of the structural problems have to do with the low quality, and how much is design flaw. (The rounded bar where the dog's legs can rest, connecting both halves of the cart are particularly flimsy.)
- The framing is 1 cm in width, which will have to be widened at least where the wheel axles go, if not around the entire frame.
- The cart is not adjustable, and is almost at the maximum size for printing. In order to make the frame work for the puppy as it grows larger, I will need to be able to create smaller, assemble-able parts to be printed individually.
I am designing using SketchUp. I am incorporating inline skate wheels, and for now I'm using a model dog, because the puppies who need the carts are at someone else's house.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Puppy cart prototype 1 by caser is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving caser a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure caser would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).