FrySky Taranis X8R Antenna Mount
by Mauronic, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Here's a low profile X8R mount that's great for minis.
There is a lot of confusion about the optimal way to mount these antennas. Instead of just having "whiskers" they end in paddles that contain PCBs. These PCBs are supposed to increase performance by something like 20% according to FrySKY.
Here's how you are supposed to mount the antenna:
1) Antennas should be perpendicular to each other
2) Paddles should perpendicular to each other (one paddle up, one paddle flat
3) The antenna wire is part of the antenna so keep it extended and follow #1 above (this design does not meet that criteria but I still get great range)
HOW TO USE
Add some double stick to the paddles, seat them in the holder and use a zip tie to secure.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
FrySky Taranis X8R Antenna Mount by Mauronic is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Mauronic a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Mauronic would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).