I recently received my S6 and decided instead of buying a case I would design my own. I also just received a spool of Sainsmart TPU filament and it's nice and flexible and not too pricey. It's perfect for a phone case and I believe it's what some manufacturers use to make some of them.
I printed multiple sections and made adjustments before printing the entire thing to make sure I was getting all the holes and buttons correct. The material is quite stringie, but layer bonding is the best I've ever seen.
Add your own design to the back if you want. Later I will be uploading another along with this original.
My print settings using my E3D hotend were:
- 250C Hotend
- 60C Bed
- 25-45 mm/s perimeters
- Cooling fan doesn't really seem to have a huge effect on it
- 0.1, 0.2mm layer height (I don't recommend 0.3mm)
- Sliced with Kisslicer (used support material @61deg w/ 0.5mm gap)
- If you print to close to the bed on the first layer or too fast the material can get bunched up in the extruder.
- Supports can be difficult to remove which is why I specify the high support angle. For me, the material had no problem up to that angle. Aside from the holes and horizontal overhangs, the only other things that should have support are the buttons for the volume/power. I didn't try much bridging, but if you have success with it please share your results.
- Watch the thin walls around the buttons on your slicer program. Slic3r looked like it cut out parts of them and wouldn't let me set a distance for supports. I didn't try any other slicers.