This Dalek model is derived from guydebored's models. I wanted to print a larger sized Dalek on my TOM, so I sliced up the model, but I didn't want to glue the pieces together.
I've always wanted to connect split up parts with a pin connector, so this is the first time I've tried something like that. I used the PLA Cube Gears as a template for creating my pins and sockets.
The added benefit of using the pins is that each section, including the head can spin.
The models, especially the bottom part, aren't perfect, but I've ran them through netfabbcloud, and they slice and print without any issues.
Head - Print at 5% infill, 2 shells (increase to 3 if gap near top of head)
Middle - Print at 5% infill, 2 shells, external supports
Bottom - Print at 5% infill, 1 shell
Weapons - Print with 50% infill, 1 shell, external supports, print slow!
Pins - Print with 25% infill, 1 shell
The middle part really should use full supports, but the mess after cleanup was just as bad as only using external supports. As long as your printer can bridge decently, there should only be a few dangling strings to clean up.
If your bot is carefully calibrated, supports printed at .50 flow rate will peel right off with your fingers. I've had no problem removing any supports structures, even from the delicate weapon parts.