Clarus the DogCow
by padorange, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Clarus the DogCow is a geek mascot related to early Macintosh developers (1984-2000).
To learn more about Clarus : http://clarus.chez-alice.fr
The OpenScad source file can compute 6 different models (see source file). STL are computed models, ready to be print.
At that time a small hole has been made behind the figure to snap a support, but the support is not modeled.
- Model #0 : Original design from Cairo Font (Susan Kare, 1983)
- Model #1 : The most famous, redesign for "Page Set Up" dialog for Apple Printer from 1987 to 2000
- Model #2 : a smaller variation from #1
- Model #3 : smaller design to fit 32x32 pixels icons
- Model #4 : the smallest variation : DogCattle
- Model #5 : redesign by Susan Kare in 1999 with a "more bovine head"
The openscad source define the different figurine as bitmap tab (0: nothing, 1: level 1 and 2: level 2...) so it can be adjust to render any bitmap source into a simple 3D model.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Clarus the DogCow by padorange is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving padorange a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure padorange would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).