Volumetric Tentacle Key Hook
by schmarty, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Teennntacllles... coming out of the waaaaallll.
amyhurst was asking for a key hook by our front door and decided upon a tentacled theme.
guru's awesome volumetric tentacle seemed like a great choice, so I pulled it into OpenSCAD and made space for a 1" roofing nail to slide-and-lock into the back of the tentacle.
(thanks to cibomahto for the tagline up top).
- [Optional] Adjust the SCAD file to match your nail measurements, with some room for slop, and re-export STL.
- Print "tentacle-keyholder.stl"
- Insert 1" roofing nail (or nail of your choice, if you customized) into the slot and work it back and forth several times to make sure it slides and locks into place reasonably well.
- With the nail in place, make a mark on the nail so you know where to stop when hammering into the wall.
- Remove the nail from the piece and hammer it into the wall, stopping just as your ink disappears.
- Slot the tentacle into place.
- Hang keys or your just creep out your guests/friends/roommates.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Volumetric Tentacle Key Hook by schmarty is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving schmarty a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure schmarty would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).