Parametric Spool Mount for Prusa Mendel
by reprapperMC, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a spool mount for the Prusa Mendel to use with the Parametric Filament Spool. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8317
This spool mount only uses one piece of M8 thread (or SAE equivalent) and two M8 nuts. The M8 rod I had was a bit long but you can use a shorter piece. I would recommend a piece 20cm or longer.
- Slide the lower mount onto the top two threaded rods on your Prusa and tighten it on with two M8 nuts.
- Screw your piece of threaded rod into the lower mount. If it is hard to do by hand counter tighten two nuts on the thread so you can turn the thread with a wrench.
- Screw the upper spindle piece onto the threaded rod.
- Snap on the frame piece.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric Spool Mount for Prusa Mendel by reprapperMC is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving reprapperMC a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure reprapperMC would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).