Planetary Gear Mechanism
by garyhodgson, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I wanted some kind of gear mechanism toy thing, and whilst the original calling card was a good start I wanted less calling card and more gear visibility.
I used Sketchup to hack the original STL files into something that works. I have uploaded them in case people want to modify them - but beware, they're not pretty!
- Print out the parts. (Skeinforge throws up some warnings, but it seems to print ok. Let me know if you have trouble.)
- Align the planet gears into the crown along with the bottom part of the 'sun' gear.
- Press the top part of the sun gear into the hole in the bottom part (this should be a tight fit, but you may have to ream the opening a little).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Planetary Gear Mechanism by garyhodgson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving garyhodgson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure garyhodgson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).