A Modular VR / AR Protoboard Optimized for 3D Printing. A DIY HMD platform designed to support alternate use scenarios through limitless VR & AR hardware configurations.
Updates and resources here: http://diyhmd.com
Some key features / objectives:
- Universal Screen Mount (Mobile Devices & LCD)
- Modular Lense Compartment (Oculus, Cardboard, Wearality, etc.)
- Swappable surfaces (Lego Compatible, Breadboard, Blank, etc.)
- AR Configurations (Pepper's Ghost Attachment, Mobile & IR Passthrough)
- Chin / Head Mounts (IR Sensors, 360 Camera Arrays, Computer Vision / Environment Mapping, etc.)
This is V4 of the standard HMD configuration. There is also a full helmet configuration that builds off of this base here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:905535
V5 is currently in progress, with support for more hardware configurations, new features, accessories & optimizations.
If you would like to contribute to this Open Source project, download the project files (IPT), or receive info & updates, visit http://www.diyhmd.com