Blossoming Lamp for E14 bulb - version A
by skriver, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Blossoming Lamp (originally designed by emmett) with few modifications:
- Adjusted for E14 light bulbs with outer diameter up to 42 mm (use LED bulb only)
- Bulb can be mounted using threaded holder (26 mm)
- With removable shades (try printing them in different colors!)
- With slim stand (with and without window for switch)
This is first version of modified lamp. See the other version (B) - where opening/closing petals works in slightly different way.
For detailed assembly instructions please visit my blog: http://3dwpraktyce.pl/2015/06/blossoming-lamp-assembly-manual.
Print elements without supports. The Stand.stl (with switch window) contains built-in support, which should be removed after printing (see the photos). Lamp-shade-translucent.stl looks great you print the bottom part (8 mm) normally, and the rest as spiral vase. To do this I had to tinker with gcode files.
If you have problems with opening printed Lamp-petals.stl, see the instructions in source thing.
Besides printed parts, you will need the following items:
- LED light bulb
- Bulb holder (26 mm external diameter)
- Power cord
For stand with switch window, you will additionally need:
- A switch (window is 21x12 mm)
- 2 connectors matching switch contacts
- Heat shrink tube
For detailed assembly instructions please visit my blog: http://3dwpraktyce.pl/2015/06/blossoming-lamp-assembly-manual. It describes assembly of version B, but the process itself is quite similar.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Blossoming Lamp for E14 bulb - version A by skriver is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving skriver a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure skriver would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).