1) Laser cut the design in 5mm acrylic:
- To ensure a tight fit between components, the kerf of your cutter should be considered. The DXF was generated with a kerf of 0.1mm - this should be suitable for most laser cutters.
- If you need to adjust the kerf you can modify the components named "hole*" in the SketchUp model or manually modify the DXF. Note: The SketchUp model has no kerf adjustment!
- Ensure that any text paths are configured for etching, not cutting. When using transparent acrylic, I usually flip the text and engrave on the reverse side of a component to provide an unbroken facing surface.
2) Assemble the components and fix them with a suitable glue.
3) Optionally fix the top hexagonal template using 4 hex screw cap bolts - gravity works just as well in this case.
4) Boil a kettle, grind some beans, brew, plunge, enjoy coffee!