This part improves dust collection with 5" BOSCH Random Orbital Sanders. It is meant to prevent particles from being ejected away from the sander. It is also meant to increase the airflow speed at the perimeter of the work area to remove a larger number of particles. For good dust control, use wet sanding with a HEPA vacuum.
The dust shroud is compatible with the following Bosch random orbital sanders:
- ROS10 (3601C8P7010) 5" Palm-Grip Random Orbit Sander
- ROS20VS (3601C87511) 5" Variable Speed Palm-Grip Random Orbit Sander Kit
- ROS20VSK (3601C87511) 5 in. Variable Speed Palm-Grip Random Orbit Sander
The dust shroud replaces the sander's Friction Ring 2609170071 (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/friction-ring-p-163180.html).
The part must be flexible and resilient to conform to the work surface. Print the shroud using Taulman PCTPE without supports. To install the shroud:
- Use a Torx T20 driver to remove the four screws that attach the PSA Pad.
- Remove the black flexible friction ring.
- Slide one of the shrouds alignment tabs into one of the sander enclosure's alignment slots. Bend the shroud and slide the second tab into the second slot.
- Use a spudger or flat screw driver to slide the remainder of the shroud's slot around the sander enclosure's lip.
- Reattach the PSA Pad.