Dual color trivase
by sylefeb, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is the beautiful tri-vase from joo (Thing 16378) turned into dual extrusion using IceSL ( http://webloria.loria.fr/~slefebvr/icesl/ ).
This object can only be printed with IceSL:
(I included G-Code for a Replicator1 Dual + Sailfish 7.4)
- Download all files (.lua,.sh and .stl) as well as IceSL
- Copy the files in the 'icesl/bin' directory of IceSL
- Launch 'IceSL trivase.lua' (or drag and drop trivase.lua on IceSL.exe)
- Setup printer parameters
- Click on 'slice'
- This generates trivase.gcode ('icesl/bin' directory)
- Load the G-code into your favorite printing software (e.g. ReplicatorG)
This vase was printed on a Replicator 1 Dual + Sailfish 7.4 + ReplicatorG 40r16, 0.2 layer height, 100% infill, 2 shells, 2 covers.
IceSL makes it very easy to generate dual-extrusion prints simply by writing a shader - in this case trivase.sh. The function selecting color is:
int g = int(p.z6.0+1.2sin(p.y5.0)+0.7cos(p.x*3.0));
where p.xyz is a 3D point of the object in space. The result 'g' is the identifier of the printing head (0 => T0, 1 => T1).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Dual color trivase by sylefeb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sylefeb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sylefeb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).