The Talking Head - Stephen Colbert Edition
Have you ever wanted Stephen Colbert to personally read you the News? Spread the truthiness from a place of honor at your very own kitchen table? Well now he can.
Last seen Closing the Colbert Show!
1) Print all parts
2) Add an 8mm rod through the pivot point in the mouth. The rod should extend about 5mm beyond each side of the part.
3) Assemble the left and right halves of the head, Use short segments of 3mm filament pressed into the provided holes to assemble. Some drilling may be required to restore the holes to their appropriate size.
4) Set the mouth in the hole on the left side of the head
5) Glue a servo to the interior of the left side of the head, any servo will work, but smaller will give you more space to work with.
6) Run a piece of ridged wire between the servo horn and the lever arm on the back of the mouth so that when the servo moves, the mouth opens and closes.
7) Upload the talking head software to the Arduino and attach it and its battery to the inside of the head. Make the electrical connections as described in the diagram.
8) Thread the audio input cable through the hole in the back of the head.
9) Press the Right and Left halfs together, making sure the mouth can move freely
10) Use a headphone splitter to hook the head and a set of self powered speakers up to an audio source.
11) Find Stephen Colbert sound board and use it to make the head talk.
The lip-syncing works best with the volume turned up as loud as possible.