Printrbot Jr. Aluminum Bed
by Alaster, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Aluminum bed for the printrbot jr. Needed because standard wooden print bed was warping. Cut from 5mm thick aluminum plate. The mounting holes are recessed so that the stock screw heads are underneath the printring surface.
In the pdf template the outer rectangle represents the aluminum plate size and the corners of the inner rectangle can be used to mark (center-punch) the drill holes. Note that the plate's overhang is bigger in the front due to the printrbot jr.'s structure.
1) Print pdf template and tape to aluminum plate
2) Mark and cut aluminum plate to size
3) Measure screw and head diameter
4) Center-punch and drill holes
5) Remove template
6) Drill recess for screw heads
7) Replace standard printrbot jr. printbed with aluminum plate
8) Put masking or kapton tape on top before printing
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Printrbot Jr. Aluminum Bed by Alaster is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Alaster a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Alaster would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).