Euro XY calibration
by luisonoff, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Based on the USA XY nickel test.
I did not find a XY test to use with euro coins that convinced me, so I made one myself.
This print is used to adjust/calibrate your 3D printer XY steps to get better dimensional accuracy. You can also use it to scale your CAD or SLICER program.
- External dimensions XY 40mm
- Internal cilinder hole to exactly fit 1€ coin 23.25mm
- Internal dimensions XY to fit 1€ coin 23.25mm
- Small cilinder diameter 4mm
- Small cube side 4mm
- Diagonal dimension from cilinder wall to cube wall 40mm
- Small dimensions from XY slots to outer wall 4mm
- Z dimension of main plate 4mm
- Z dimension from bottom to top of cilinder or top of cube 8mm
- Small letters to identify axis, printable with 0.4mm nozzle
First make sure you have calibrated your extruder motor steps. If not, search for it on google.
Print this with your desired Slicer, layer heigth and material.
I printed with Cura, 0.2mm and ABS.
Measure everything with a digital caliper, for example, try to put your euro coin inside and through the slots. Adjust your XY axis steps or your Slicer/Cad scale. Print again and iterate until you get it perfect.
Note1: this fine calibration is material depending, as it accounts for shrinking, so you may have to repeat it if you change your filament material, or even filament provider. There is many people who believe these tests are useless since every material is different and shrinking depends on many other factors. But if you use almost all the time same material and print on same conditions, you can find it useful.
Note2: if your extruder is calibrated you should not change flow, but some materials need a bit of adjustment to not leave empty spaces.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Euro XY calibration by luisonoff is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving luisonoff a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure luisonoff would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).