July 20th is the anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon, so what better way to celebrate than with a mini model of DSKY (display/keyboard) the computer terminal that made it all possible. Measures around 2.5"x2"x2" great little desktop display piece.
Not in the mood for printing your own? Buy one from our store here: http://store.rabbitengineering.com/
I printed everything at 0.3mm layer height.
- Print face.stl and faceplate.stl with supports (light grey)
- Print 18 x nut.stl and 1xnitro_valve.stl (silver)
- Print plug.stl (copper/gold)
- Print layer2.stl and layer3.stl (both black)
Now to build! (use the pictures for reference)
- Attach the label to face.stl
- Glue faceplate.stl to face.stl so that the keyboard and screens show through correctly
- Glue nuts faceplate.stl, layer2.stl and layer3.stl as show in the pictures
- Glue plug.stl to the round stub on layer3.stl. Then glue nitro_valve.stl just above and to the left of that
- Glue layer3.stl to face.stl, so that the large plates are glued to each other
- Glue layer3.stl to this block, ensuring that the plug is at the bottom right as you face the part (see the pictures for reference)