Coupling to connect M8 threaded rod leadscrew to 5mm stepper motor shaft.
(It seems Thingiverse lost the list of materials)
List of materials:
- 1-2cm of flexible tubing e.g. 4x6 or 4x7mm
- M8 coupling nut
- M8 nut for contra
- slide the tubing on 5mm motor shaft
- thread one nut (or better yet, a coupling nut) onto the top of the tubing so that half of the nut is above the shaft
- thread another nut onto the threaded rod
- screw the rod onto the nut on the motor
- tighten the rod against motor shaft (but not too tight)
- tighten the nuts against each other
I used coupling nut on the picture for better grip, but it seems to work with regular nut as well.
I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work for 5/16" threaded rod as well.