Yet another low-cost leadscrew coupling
by keegi, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Coupling to connect M8 threaded rod leadscrew to 5mm stepper motor shaft.
(It seems Thingiverse lost the list of materials)
List of materials:
- 1-2cm of flexible tubing e.g. 4x6 or 4x7mm
- M8 coupling nut
- M8 nut for contra
- slide the tubing on 5mm motor shaft
- thread one nut (or better yet, a coupling nut) onto the top of the tubing so that half of the nut is above the shaft
- thread another nut onto the threaded rod
- screw the rod onto the nut on the motor
- tighten the rod against motor shaft (but not too tight)
- tighten the nuts against each other
I used coupling nut on the picture for better grip, but it seems to work with regular nut as well.
I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work for 5/16" threaded rod as well.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Yet another low-cost leadscrew coupling by keegi is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving keegi a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure keegi would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).