A fast and simple extruder mounting system is really useful to replace it in accident case, or to use different extruders for different materials, or to use a drill or ...
We need 2 things;
1) A robust clamping system
2) A plug for the electrical connections
Here you can find this 2 things:
1) a good support for the original K8200/3Drag extruder. I made it using the library fast-clamp http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:936871.
2) a box to fix the male plug (I choose a DB9 connector) at the extruder structure.
Thanks to http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:203292 for the extruder horizontal support plate, added here for convenience.
No visible difference in printed things using the original or this clamped support.
Complete collection of Add-on for 3Drag/K8200 using Fast Clamp: http://www.thingiverse.com/sillano/collections/3drag-fast-clamp-addon
- print all 3 + 2 parts
(tested using PLA, layer 0.2, perimeter 6 layers, infill 80%-100%)
- use the M4 threaded rod and 2 self-locking nuts to tie the noose and link parts.
Attention to parts position.
- use 2 screws M4 flat head, to fix the original support plate on the clamp.
- solder 8 wires from the extruder (4x Nema, 2x head, 2x thermistore) to the DB9 male plug, and the flat cable to female plug. ( record the cable/pin association)
- fix plug to cubic case using 2 M3 screws
- mount the DB9 case in the back of the extruder using a long M4 screw
- mount the female plug case.
- DB9 male solder D-sub connector.
- DB9 female solder D-sub connector with case.
- threaded rod M4 80 mm long, 2 washers and 2 self-locking nut (for click)
- screws: 2 x M4 flat head, 35 mm long and M4 lock washer, M4 nut (for clip)
- screw: 2 x M3 and M3 washer, M3 nut for the DB9 plug.
- screw: 1 x M4 long 60 and M4 washer, M4 lock washer, M4 nut for the case plug.