Crocz... Crocodile Clips / Clamps / Pegs with Moving Jaws
by muzz64, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Crocz have moving jaws that bite... they're great for clips, pegs and a bit of fun. This is a quick and easy print. There are two versions... one without designed in support (i.e. no support necessary) and one with designed-in support where required.
(1) The 'Crocz' file version has legs that protrude out the sides so there is designed in supports for this that should peel away easily after printing freeing the jaws to start snapping.
(2) The alternative 'Crocz - no support' file' has straight/flat sides with recesses to represent the shape of the legs. This will print faster and is the file to use if you are concerned about the designed in support slicing/printing well for you.
(3) As some people requested the version with legs (so requiring support for the legs) without any designed in support this has been added. However, only use this if you are experienced at adding your own support. Using automated support can build in support that will stop the jaws from moving and will be difficult to remove. My recommendation is to use the designed in support... it surprises most people by how well it works!
Refer to the instructions and images for additional print information...
Also check out my other similar designs:
Note: If you like these check out the rest of my designs!
The 'Crockz - no support' .stl file does not require any support but the same shells and fill as below apply.
The necessary support has been designed into the 'Crocz' .stl file. On a well set up machine the support should peel away easily if printed according to the following settings.
Printed with PLA
Raft not essential but recommended
Standard / 0.20mm resolution
3 or 4 shells
60-75% infill (varying this will affect how springy your Crocz are)
No support required... it's designed in on the 'Crocz' file and not required on the 'Crocz - no support' file.
Scaling up/down is not recommended as it will affect the clearances of the designed in support (Which is necessary for the legs that come out the side of the body)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Crocz... Crocodile Clips / Clamps / Pegs with Moving Jaws by muzz64 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving muzz64 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure muzz64 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).