This my first attempt to design a touchprobe to be used with CNCs and repraps. It's very simple, built from parts you can get from any hardware store. It requires some work tough if you want to use it intensely.
The idea is based on renishaw patents and various designs that can be found on the internet.
It should be compatible with mach3 and EMC2, however I wrote a module for the smoothie-project:
- It needs a mount
- Some screws to really fix the tip (for now it only holds trough pressure)
- Redesign the disk which holds the rods (That hacky hot-glued thing)
- Some 4mm-strong material (Wood, MDF, Plexiglas (PMMA) should work fine)
- 3x ~20mm spacers for M5 screws
- 3x ~30mm M5 screws
- 3x M5 Nuts
- 6x ~8mm M4 screws
- 6x M4 cap-nuts
- 1x ~20mm spacer for M3 screw
- 1x ~35mm M3 screw
- 3x 20mm M3 screws
- 1x collet
- 1x spring
- Dremel engraver bits as a tip
- Some wires
Cut the disks using a laser cutter of CNC. If you have a CNC you can also pocket the green areas.
Assemble according to the fotos. If something is not clear feel free to ask