"MG Plus" HotEnd
by rp_one_labs, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Heater block and M3 stud thermistor from this hotend design were published before as DIY parts. Now, whole hotend is available for 3mm and 1.75mm filaments with 0.5, 0.35 and 0.25mm nozzles.
Advantages of this design:
- Barrel is not fully threaded. 1/4" hex (7mm in metric version) in the middle of the barrel can be held with wrench to screw on-off nozzles without use of two M6 nuts, to establish grip with barrel. You don't need barrel for each nozzle you use, as it is suggested for fully threaded barrels.
- Easy to install ceramic heater secured with M3 setscrew.
- Screw-on hex brass body thermistor.
- Second setscrew M3 x 6 holds Heater block position on the barrel, it prevents block from twist during nozzle change.
Assembly instructions, Exploded View drawings in PDF format are available for download. 3D STEP and STL models are supplied. Wiki page planned, but not created / published yet. MG Plus Heater Block and screw-on thermistor were published here already, as a separate thing, with drawings and instructions. Other drawings in works and planned to be published.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
"MG Plus" HotEnd by rp_one_labs is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving rp_one_labs a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure rp_one_labs would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).