The easiest way to upgrade your Printrbot Plus to Richrap's quick fit system by only replace the topplate of the original extruder mount.
You are still able to mount the original extruder without mounting the old topplate, or mount it with the supplied adapter the quick fit way.
During extruder development I like this solution, because I can easily switch back to a working extruder.
Update v2 Modifications
- Integreated M3 threads to mount extensions like fans or Z end stops
- Stronger adapter plate for the original extruder
- Easier to print in separate parts, glued/melted togehter with acetone (works with ABS only)
- Print the needed parts
- v2 only: Glue/Melt the house onto the topplate with acetone
- v2 only: Put in the five M3 nuts and fill up with in acetone disolved ABS
- Dismount the original extruder and topplate
- Countersink the two holes (see photo 2)
- Mount the latch to the topplate with the two bearings, 30mm screw, two washers and lock nut.
- Mount the topplate to the Printrbot Plus with the four 10mm screws and nuts
- Countersink the two holes in the adapter (the screws should not stick out!)
- v2 only: Glue/Melt the reinforcement to the adapter with acetone
- Mount the adapter plate to the extruder
- 1x printed topplate (v2: topplate and house)
- 1x printed latch by Richrap
- 4x M4x10mm flat (countersink) head screws
- 4x M4 nuts
- 2x 624 bearings
- 1x M4x30mm screw
- 2x M4 washers
- 1x M4 lock nut
- 5x M3 nut (v2 only)
- 1x printed adapter (v2: adapter and reinforcement)
- 2x M4x16mm flat (countersink) head screws
- 2x M4 nuts