Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
YAPP - Yet Another Printed Plane
by bampi2k, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I came across quite a few print-and-fly airplanes. personally i found that they were tough to print. Especially the wings. So here I introduce a completely different form of making the wing.
- It is printed in vase print only (no more guessing infill percentages or playing with seam orientation)
- Print with single bottom layer and you get nice ribs and spar as supports.
- I used a 6mm and 3mm square CF tubes to strengthen. (You can very easily carry forward the concept to use round tubes/rods)
- Assembly is pretty straightforward using some CA.
The design is done in Sketchup. The source files included might look confusing. But all the parts (including the stages of development are in there!!)
Sorry for the bad photographs. My phone has been behaving strange!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
YAPP - Yet Another Printed Plane by bampi2k is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bampi2k a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bampi2k would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).