I changed a few things on the falchion to make it more to my liking. The sword is based on pictures from the Knights of Iris book and from various pictures online.
To print the sword, I cut the design in half (horizontal plane) and then in 3 pieces length-wise since it is a 40" sword and I have a 16" wide bed. At the interface between segments, I made V-slices to the stl so that when I go to solder and heat-weld the PLA pieces together, they have the most strength. This worked well for my Ike sword that I printed.
I am open to suggestions for how to make the sword better but may still choose to do it "my way".