Cup Holder for Citroen C5 III
by hgglmmr, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Let's be honest, the Citroen C5 (Mark III, built since 2008) is a nice and comfortable car perfectly made for long journeys. But during long jurneys I get thursty. So what the hell did they think when they made a single cup holder for the front row and put it under the arm rest?!? I've seen it and decided to never use it.
So where can I put my coffee-to-go or my can of lemonade once it is opened?
My research brought me to the following conclusions:
- There is no cup holder designed specifically for the C5.
- All the aftermarket standard cup holders either make that almost premium interior (your personal opinion may differ) look like a 1980s economy car, block the air ducts, cost way too much money, require drilling holes into the dashboard or even combine more of these characteristics.
So I couldn't buy any cup holder, GREAT! Another perfect justification I could give my wife for purchasing that "are you nuts this is way too expensive" 3D printer!
Said - done. 2-3 tries for improving printability, stability and usability and there it is:
- Cup holder made for standard sized coffee cups (small, regular, large/grande) as well as normal 330ml and 500ml beverage cans. - - Other sizes (e.g. slim and taller energy drink cans) should fit, too, but I don't have any sample to try.
- Simply clip the Cup holder into the panel of the door pocket. The bracket is designed to match the inner shape of it perfectly.
- Move it to a position where it doesn't collide with your seat and legs, I prefer the foremost.
- Put your cup in there and enjoy! I also use it for my chewing gums.
It fits to the driver and to the passenger door.
Some questions to be answered in advance to save your time for asking:
Q1: Does it hold big bottles in place?
A1: No, it's a cup holder.
Q2: Why didn't you design it to perfectly fit my cool "red cow" energy drinks?
A2: Cause I don't drink them.
Q3: Don't you hit it with your leg all the time?
A3: No, actually I have quite a clearance in my "natural" sitting position. And also my seat is still pretty far away as you might see in the pictures.
Q4: How reliably does it hold the drinks?
A4: Due to the bracket shape the holder itself is very tight towards the door panel. It won't slip out if you don't want to. The large and medium coffee cups also accurately fit, the cans and the small cup have a little clearance, but they securely stay inside the holder even at strong shaking. So they'll be safe at full braking.
I printed at 0.2mm layers with 95% infill and finished it with the soft part of a hook-and-loop tape for the lower support towards the door panel to avoid vibrations and damage.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Cup Holder for Citroen C5 III by hgglmmr is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hgglmmr a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hgglmmr would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).