Ultimaker Original Extruder
by crattat, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is just a combination from different things to have the entire extruder in one place leaving out optional other parts.
It uses MoonCactus' Rollerstruder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:73082). But instead of the original base it uses the remix of the base from elephant (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:184298). The large gear I used is from foosel (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:151642) and the small gear again from MoonCactus (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:45407). As well from MoonCactus is the design of the great hobbed bolt (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68480).
In addition following parts are needed:
- 3 ball bearings of type 608 ZZ (22x8x7 mm)
- 1 cylinder head bolt M8x40 mm
- 1 cylinder head bolt M8x30 mm
- 1 countersunk screw M3x20 mm
- 2 round head screws M3x16 mm
- 3 round head screws M3x20 mm
- 5 M3 nuts
- 1 hex screw M6x70 mm
- 1 wing nut M6
- 2 washers with 6.4 mm innner and 17 mm outer diameter
- 2 M8 washers
- 1 pressure spring around 45 mm long, inner diameter at least 7 mm and 1 mm wire
- 2 pieces of 50 mm 6x4 flexible silicon tube as thermal isolators between motor and frame
Note that you need a Dremel or Proxxon machine to produce the hobbed bolt. This is also described by MoonCactus in very detail.
Thanks a lot to MoonCactus for the fantastic work. The extruder works better than the original one and is much more quiet as well. With this extruder I could lower the current of the stepper driver and it gets much less hot now while it still does the job properly.
I hope it is ok to combine different things this way in a new thing. If not please drop me a short note what I need to do or if I have to remove the thing again.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ultimaker Original Extruder by crattat is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving crattat a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure crattat would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).