by 4ndy, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
For holding hole-tapping bits.
Cheaper than any other wrench if you only want to get a couple of specifically-sized taps made from good steel.
- Print out the two parts, heavy infill would be a good idea.
---(Ideally you could cast or machine the pinching block out of scrap metal, though the block might not even be necessary)
- Ream out the 8mm hole with a drill bit, or tap it with your bolt itself.
- Insert your bolt or studding.
---(Optional step for studding: drill a hole in it and stick something like a pin in it as a handle - pictured for an idea)
- Use the bolt to drag an M8 nut into the captive nut slot.
- Clamp it onto the square end of a tap, and go cut some threads!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tapping Wrench by 4ndy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 4ndy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 4ndy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).