Improved One-piece Capo
by LoboCNC, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
More stylish! More functional! More printable! This is an improved version of my earlier guitar capo (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:698317) that includes a number of improvements:
- Rubber in the presser bar frets the strings with no buzzing and with less force. (I've also included a version that does not require the rubber piece.)
- Re-contoured spring section distributes the strain more evenly to prevent breaking.
- More predictable slicing with specific slicing parameters.
- Positive stop at the handle prevents accidental breakage.
- I've added a wide version better for fatter-necked acoustic guitars
If you Liked my original capo, Like this one even more!
Update: I've added versions that don't need the rubber o-ring piece (use the *_no_oring.stl versions of the files), although the versions with the o-rings work more reliably.
Update: I've added a wide version (icapo_wide.stl) which works better for fatter-necked acoustic guitars. Use the standard version (icapo.stl) for electric or thinner-necked acoustic guitars
Follow these instructions exactly for the best results:
Layer thickness: 0.2mm
No. shells/perimeters: 5
Perimeter line thickness: 0.45mm (exactly)
Infill (rectilinear): 35%
This prints with a build-in channel for an o-ring bumper. The channel has a thin, integral support which peels away easily after printing. You will also need a ~2" length of 3/16" thick o-ring that can either be cut from standard o-ring (http://www.amazon.com/O-Ring-330-BN65-Nitrile-Pack/dp/B000RAI6K4) or can be cut from o-ring cord. Cut a section of o-ring 2.05" long and press into the channel on the presser bar. It's also a good idea to put a small piece of electrical tape or felt on the bottom side of the clamp to protect your guitar neck.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Improved One-piece Capo by LoboCNC is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving LoboCNC a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure LoboCNC would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).