Efficient alarm clock with low electromagnetic radiation, big display and music player
by weigu, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The clock is using a housing from TEKO (D14).
3D-printed parts are used to fix the speaker, and to hold the display. Another part is hiding the metallic parts on the back. A distance holder and caps for the rotary encoders are other 3d-printed parts.
Features of the diy clock:
- capacitive power supply to reduce electric smog
- big and efficient 1.2" 4-digit 7-segment display (I2C)
- Teensy 3.1 board with 12 Bit DAC (SD-card wav player) and internal Real Time Clock (RTC)
- efficient I2C class D amplifier (89% efficient with 8Ω speaker at 1.5 Watt)
- DCF77 receiver
- two rotary Encoder with switch for easy and intuitive control
- state machine programmed with arduino (teensyduino) for easy changments in the software
More details on:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Efficient alarm clock with low electromagnetic radiation, big display and music player by weigu is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving weigu a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure weigu would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).