First of all I want to say thanks Gael Langevin who is the creator of the InMoov 3D-printed robot that I'm building.
You can find the original design on his site http://www.inmoov.fr.
This post is the first one in a series of changes that I have made to the head of the robot.
This post shows the parts that have been redesigned to make room for more electronics in the head. The outside is still the same as the original InMoov head. It's only the inside that has changed. Use the original InMoov head parts for everything that isn't in this post.
I use a smaller servo to turn the head than the original one.
The cogwheels have been removed and the jaw has been redesigned so that the jaw servo could be relocated.
The electronics I have in the head now is 2 standard size servos for the head turn and jaw, 3 smaller servos for the eyes,
a Raspberry PI 2 with a PI camera, an Arduino Uno, a USB sound card, an amplifier, a speaker and a USB transmitter for the keyboard and mouse.
On some of the pictures I have removed the connecting cables to make it easier to see how it's built.
On the pictures you can also see that I use a modified neck and a headstand. The eye's and the eye mechanism is also a new design.
Since this is work in progress and not all parts have been tested, I will publish them when they work.
Update 20150930. The jaws moved to slow, so I changed the threads to increase the speed. Use JawPistonV2.
Part 2 is here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:994720
Update 20151206. I added HeadStandNeckHolder to this post. It's not necessary if you build the whole robot, but it can be used to hold the head on a stand without printing any of the rods. It's the part that sits under NeckJointUpper and is holding the head using cable straps, It can be seen in sevral of the pictures.
Updat 20160126. Added a few more pictures to show how things are mounted.
Update 20161030. If you don't like that the cables run outside the neck, this remix that dix23 made works very well, and is the part that I use now: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1581955
Print one piece of each and one extra JawSupportV2.
To rebuild the neck to be able to mount a standard size servo use
NeckRedesignV5, LowBackRightV3 and LowBackLeftV3.
The NeckRedesignV5 is the part that all other pieces are mounted to.
The LowBackRightV3 needs and LowBackLeftV3 needs support structures. A good slicer can provide that. The large flat pieces are there to avoid making support structures.
To rebuild the Jaw, use parts JawV6, two JawSupportV2, JawHingeV3 and JawPistonV1. As you can see on the pictures the JawHingeV3s' are mounted under the NeckRedesignV5. The original has the jawhinges on the top.
The last piece SkullTopV5 is to hold the top of the skull togethers, since the original part is integrated with the big servoholder.
The NeckJointUpperV1 needs to be printed upside down, with support. The slicer I use has an option to only make support only under parts that are not touching the printbed. The purpose of the disc is to prevent building support structure in the middle.
The NeckJointUpperV1 fits with Neck_Joint_Lower_in_Millimeter the was created by RentaPrinter. You can find it here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:861146/#files