NOTE: see UPDATE 10-Nov-15 in #2 below.
Goal: integrate mass storage (1TB) with Raspberry Pi to create a low-cost DIY Linux PC, private cloud, HDMI personal media player, surveillance server, etc. in an aesthetically compelling package suitable for use as a home/office appliance.
(1) 3D prints of the two attached files. These were developed on a Makerbot 2 using default settings but no rafts or bridges. See UPDATE in #2 below.
(2) WD PiDrive 1TB kit: 1TB hard disk drive with power-delivery accessories designed for Raspberry Pi:
http://store.wdc.com/promo/96259700 (UK store)
UPDATE 10-Nov-15: this kit is being upgraded to include injection-molded versions of the Pisces enclosure and Pisces mount parts (item 1 above) and will also include item 3 below, all at a significantly discounted package price (US now, UK end Nov):
http://store.wdc.com/store/wdus/en_US/list/ThemeID.21986300/parentCategoryID.13092600/categoryID.70262300/Accessories/WD_PiDrive (US Store)
(3) Right-angle (270 degree) HDMI male-to-female connector, such as:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S4IBH5M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Software: there are many free software solutions to create appliances with Pisces. Some sites to check out: raspberrypi.org, projpi.com, getsync.com, osmc.tv, instructables.com (search Raspberry Pi, HDD).
(1) Print the two files attached. The photos show the two printed parts made on a Makerbot 2 with default Makerware settings, except rafts turned off.
(2) Procure the WD PiDrive kit (see URL above)
(3) Obtain a Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computer
(4) Procure a right-angle 270 degree HDMI male-to-female adapter (see URL above)
(5) Attach Raspberry Pi and WD PiDrive to the Pisces mount part
(6) Attach accessories and cables as needed to the Raspberry Pi (e.g. USB/WiFi dongle, Ethernet cable, USB keyboard/mouse, etc.)
(7) insert the Pisces mount into the Pisces enclosure part