I love making things especially for musical instrument like guitars, ukuleles, violins. I use my 3D printer for making some fun stuff as well as creating jigs that I need for building musical instruments. I started 3D printing with M3D Micro, but 2 years later I switch to a Prusa i3 mk2 by RepRap Guru. This one was horrible by the default configurations (so many issues...). It took me a few months to customize it until I got constant stable smooth prints. What I have done is:
- Wet-sanded the rods (400 grit to 1500 grit),
- Replaced the Y axis stage to an aluminum plate
- Replaced all the LM8UU bearings to Igus Solid Polymer bearings
- Added heater clips
- Locked the build table springs & screws (it moves during printing without locks!)
- Locked the z-home height adjustment screw (This one also moves!)
- Applied lithium lube to rods and threaded rods
- Added a filament guide
- ...and, I am preparing for replacing the Z-axis from the 5mm threaded rods to 8mm lead screws.
I hope this information helps.
I Am A…Maker, Engineer
Tools I Use…
Printers: Prusa Clone
Design Programs: Tinkercad, Blender, Thingiverse Customizer
3D Design Skill Level